Online Road Safety workshops for the over 60’s
Merseyside Road Safety Partnership are offering FREE online workshops for anyone aged 60 and over. The workshops are designed to support senior road users to keep them safe as drivers, riders, pedestrians and public transport users.
As we get older our reflexes can start to slow and we may get aches and pains that we never had before. We may be more susceptible to falling or have less energy to get out and about. The ageing process is different for each individual, with some 70 year olds feeling fitter and more active compared to someone in their 60’s. The three workshop sessions explore how age may affect our vision, our reactions and our physical abilities. To reflect this, the presentations are called ‘Seeing, Doing and Thinking’. We ask people signing up to attend all three sessions, as each is different and the content builds on the previous session.
The workshops focus on raising awareness of road safety issues for the over 60 age group – who are becoming increasingly over represented in casualty statistics as drivers, riders, passengers and pedestrians.
It’s really nice to know you are not the only one experiencing these problems and that it is down to the normal effects of ageing.
HOW THE WORKSHOPS WORK:
- The workshop is split into three online sessions, over a three week period. Different topics are covered in each session so we recommend you attend all three sessions.
- Please allow up to an hour and a half for each session.
- Workshops can be delivered to community groups or individuals who will join a group session.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO TAKE PART:
- An email address.
- Access to a device (Computer/Laptop/Tablet, etc) with internet access.
- One of our Safer for Longer workbooks (which we post out to you before the first session).
- The sessions are delivered using ‘Zoom’. Not sure if you can access ‘Zoom’ or how to use it? No problem, there’s support available to help you.
HOW TO BOOK:
JUNE: The next block of 3 workshop sessions are 3rd, 10th and 18th April and start at 10am.
Our online workshops are very popular and fill up fast so early booking is recommended. If you have any questions or would like to book a workshop, email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Once your booking is confirmed we’ll send you a link via email for the first workshop session.
Why not join us by taking The Pledge to show your commitment to road safety, click here to find out about it and join.
The engaging and interactive sessions are delivered by our friendly team. Safer for Longer is one of a number of initiatives and engagement activities delivered across the region by Merseyside Road Safety Partnership for all road users.
Previous online workshops were held on the 15th, 22nd and 29th April 2021.